Field Service Technician - Canada remote
NETZSCH is one of the world’s market leaders in wet processing technology offering an extensive range of products from laboratory to production sized machines and complete plants. Mixers, kneaders or dispersers for low or high-viscosity products are available for a multitude of applications just as well as a large number of wet grinding systems for different grinding tasks even down to the nanometer range.
YOUR FIELD OF ACTIVITY
NETZSCH is looking for a Field Service Technician to work as a team performing commissionings, start-ups, and training for new equipment at the customer’s facility. This includes installation check, functional testing, operational check, and then machine maintenance and operation training. Additional responsibilities include:
- Work primarily with the newest technologies in battery production equipment
- Perform timely and accurate service in customer‘s plants, such as installation, commissioning and repair of NETZSCH’s best in class, cutting-edge fine grinding machines.
- Troubleshoot and support our customers in the battery industry, mostly at their highly-automated production plants for producing battery components for electric vehicles (EV)
- Provide support on installations, commissionings and overhauls together with an experienced Field Service Technician
- Communicate mainly with experienced colleagues in the field and our technical specialists from our headquarters in Germany, also communicating with customers onsite
- Document project progress and provide status updates as required.
- Independently organize travel arrangements and submit required expense reports.
- Participate in trainings mainly in Exton, PA, USA but also in Germany or Spain up to 6 weeks at a time.
Previous experience or equivalent training in a field of technology such as a mechanical, electrical, or similar, or a degree in engineering or related technical degree is required. Candidates must have a current driver’s license and passport (or the ability to obtain one). In addition:
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge, or process technology is desirable
- Ability to read blueprints, electrical schematics and flow charts and be familiar with the metric system
- In-depth knowledge of fine grinding and dispersing equipment maintenance and general maintenance techniques desirable
- Computer skills are required
- Ability to travel up to 70-80% throughout the US and Canada is required, occasional international travel
- Preference for being in direct contact with customers and having strong communication skills as well as high quality standards in your work ethic
- Respectful of other cultures and value friendly interactions with colleagues and customers.
PERFECT CONDITIONS FOR EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE
Grow together with us, our benefits will make your journey as pleasant as possible.
GOOD TO KNOW
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
YOUR CONTACT PERSON
NETZSCH Premier Technologies, LLC